Wednesday, December 2, 2015

STAR WARS 1/12" Figures and Models

There is no question or doubt, STAR WARS changed my life.  I saw the first film in a cinema when I was just turning 6 and now at age 44, I am looking forward to the new film in about 2 weeks time [December 17, 2015].

I have collected the action figures since I was a kid and recently have started collecting the 6" or 1/12 scale figures.   Most of the figures in this scale are from the Hasbro Black Series line.  Recently, I discovered a model company from Japan that makes even more accurate 1/12 scale model kits and figures.  

BANDAI Model Kits

These are the four kits I have bought so far.  Each is a clip together, no paint required, sprue model kit, with exceptional details and great scale.  Even though I am not a modeler, I would rate these as needing at least a Medium Level of skill.  Once assembled, each is full pose-able.    

 R2-D2 and C-3PO


R2-D2 and C-3PO are the two droids we all grew to love and both are stunning in these kits.  C-3PO is all gold chrome and looks stunning.  



R5-D4 comes in the R2 box.  The two are essentially the same model kit with head shape, colour and few other details making them different.  

 Bandi Vs Hasbro
  

So my goal is collect as many of the "Original 12" in this 1/12 scale as I can and when I find something that is far better than what I already have, I will upgrade. 

What is interesting though is that not all 1/12 scale is the same.  Look at the differences between the Black Series and this Bandai model kit on the left.  The Bandai is a sure winner here and the Black Series has been put back in its box and will be sold.  

[I will update this blog when I assemble Darth Vader and the Stormtrooper].

Mark

    

No comments: